My daughter makes this spaghetti casserole often and swears that it is wonderful… she eats it for 3-4 days and says it doesn’t lose flavor as the days progress.
it does sound creamy and filling! We have it on the schedule to be tried out!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package, drain well and return pasta to original pot. Add 1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce and combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning to skillet, and cook until no pink remains. Drain well. Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce to skillet. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Place half the slices of butter in a 9×13 baking dish. Spread half the spaghetti in dish, then spread cheese mixture evenly over spaghetti. Spread remaining spaghetti over cheese mixture. Top with the remaining butter slices.Pour tomato meat sauce evenly over top layer of spaghetti.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and bake in oven until casserole is heated through, about 35-45 minutes.
Enjoy with a crisp salad and some garlic bread!
Thanks for following our blog! Subscribe to be kept up-to-date on the Prairie Schooner and our frugal van-dwelling adventure.
We would love to hear from you – drop us a comment below.